2.0 is sequel to Blockbuster robo. It is India’s highest budget movie. It is made with a budget of 350cr.
Rajinikanth took a staggering remuneration of 60cr, Akshay kumar took 40cr, shankar took 40cr as remuneration, other actors and technicians took 30cr.
Makers had spent a huge 150cr on the production of the film and other 30cr for huge worldwide promotions of the film.
So,the total budget of the movie is 350cr.
Film did huge pre release business which is unheard in the Indian cinematic history.
- Tamil theatrical rights-200cr
- Telugu theatrical rights-100cr
- Hindi theatrical rights-80cr
- Other lang. Theatrical rights-20cr
- All versions satellite rights-110cr
- Digital rights-30cr
- Branding, music, Others-10cr